｢Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon｣
Enacted on April 7, 2010
Revised on Novenber 12, 2014
Revised on March 14, 2017
Revised on June 29, 2018
1. These regulations aim to prevent scientific misconduct of researchers contributing articles to ｢Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon｣ and suggest fundamental principles and directions on the roles and responsibilities necessary to secure research ethics..
2. Researchers shall fulfill their responsibilities to prevent problems such as fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, indication of wrongful author of article, or multiple publication. If any problems arise, all necessary measures including disbenefit may be taken in accordance with regulations.
Ⅱ. Scope of Scientific Misconduct
Scientific misconduct refers to fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, or indication of wrongful author of thesis that may occur
with regard to suggestion of research and development project, performance of research and development, and report and presentation of the result
of research and development. The respective definitions of each misconduct is as follows:
1. Fabrication: An act of falsely creating nonexistent data or research results
2. Falsification: An act of distorting content or research results by artificially fabricating material, equipment, and process of research or randomly modifying and excising data
3. Plagiarism: An act of plagiarizing somebody else’s idea, content, and research results without lawful approval or quotations
4. Indication of Wrongful Author of Article: An act of not granting a person who contributed to content or research results qualification as an author of an article,
or granting a person without contribution qualification as an author of an article for reasons such as appreciation or respectful treatment
5. Multiple Publication and Redundant Publication: Multiple publication refers to an act of presenting an article containing identical content to
two or more academic journals, and identical content refers to a method which is identical to 50% or more of the material (or object). Redundant publication
is an act of presenting content of an article that have already been presented in an academic journal to another academic journal as a regular paper. Redundant
publication shall be distinguished from secondary publication.
Secondary publication refers to the presentation of an article containing identical content in two or more different academic journals by fulfilling the following conditions, and is not generally considered a scientific misconduct.
1) Editors of the applicable academic journals shall agree in writing and the article published in the first academic journal shall be confirmed by the editor of the secondary academic journal.
2) Both the fact of the secondary publication and its source (first academic journal) shall be specified in the secondarily published academic journal.
3) The content and conclusion shall be the same, and the secondary thesis (or dissertation) shall be preferably an abridged edition.
4) The reading population of the two academic journals shall be different and the issuing date of the secondary academic journal shall have an interval of 1 week or longer.
Ⅲ. Oath of Research Ethics Guidelines
To confirm contributors’ observance of the regulations of research ethics, it is mandatory to submit an Affirmation for Research Ethics.
1. To contribute an article to the『Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon』, a written confirmation indicating “No violation in respect to the overall research ethics” shall be submitted.
|Agreement to Transfer Copyright / Indemnity Report of Regulations of Research Ethics|
|I am fully aware of the details below with regard to requesting the acceptance of the above article by the Taekwondo Research Institute of Kukkiwon, and agree to the details with the representative author’s signature.|
|1. I confirm that this article is original and has not infringed upon the copyright of another article.|
|2. The author(s) of this article made actual intellectual contributions to this article, and will share the responsibility regarding its content.|
|3. This article has not been published in the past, and it has not been submitted to another academic journal with the purpose of being published, nor are there plans to submit it for such a purpose in the future.|
|4. The author(s) vow to abide by the 『Research Ethics Guidelines』 and to take responsibility for any disbenefit to the Taekwondo Research Institute of Kukkiwon that may arise as a result of this article.|
|5. The publisher of this academic journal has the right to raise objections regarding the infringement of copyright by another party without the approval of the author(s) or the Taekwondo Research Institute of Kukkiwon.|
|6. If this article is published on the Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon (academic journal), the power to exercise all rights (including right of copying and right of transmission) regarding all rights, profits, copyright and digital copyright of the article will be delegated to the Taekwondo Research Institute of Kukkiwon.|
|7. The joint author(s) are also fully aware of the details of this form, and agree to the details above.|
2. Upon recognizing other contributors’ violations of the ethical guidelines, contributors to the 『Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon』, including article reviewers, shall make an effort to rectify problems by reminding the violator of the ethical guidelines.
3. In order to prevent misconduct in research among contributors, a ‘KCI Similarity Check Comprehensive Results Confirmation Form’ must be submitted when submitting a Korean article. An equivalent similarity check comprehensive results form must be submitted when submitting English articles as well.
Ⅳ. Disciplinary Action against Violation of the Ethical Guidelines
The following sanctions may be imposed against a contributor who violated ethical guidelines of the 『Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon』 due to scientific misconduct:
1. In the case of 1 instance of violation of the Research Ethics Guidelines
1) Dispatch of official warning
2) Temporary prohibition of contribution of articles to the 『Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon』 (period to be decided according to gravity of violation) 2. In the case of 2 or more instances of violation of the Research Ethics Guidelines
1) Permanent prohibition of contribution of articles to the 『Taekwondo Journal of Kukkiwon』
2) Public disclosure of article and contributor on the Kukkiwon website